Friday, October 10, 2008

5 months old and DATE NIGHT!!!!

Oh I could just eat her up! Ellery is getting so fun these days. I can't believe it has already been 5 months :( I swear your second baby goes by SOOOO much faster.

Here she is with her good friend Mr. Giraffe!
And last night Jason and I got to go on a date all by ourselves!!!! We were so excited, it was a much needed night out with just the two of us. We try and go out every so often, but this is the first time we left both of the kids with a friend for the night.
A friend in our ward works for the Chicago Bulls, so he gave us some fabulous tickets to go and enjoy the game against the Mavericks! The bulls got killed but it was still fun to go and enjoy the game.
(This is how close we were to the court. So fun!)
And I have just a little crush on MICHAEL JORDAN, so of course we had to go check out his statue out side the United Center. Check out how huge his hands and feet are in the cement. The picture does not to it justice!

(It's hard to tell, but if you look closely above his hands it's his autograph!)

For half time there were these amazing cheerleaders. You can't really tell from the pictures but these girls were, I would guess between the ages of 5-10! They were awesome. Also during one of the time outs, they had the "Chicago Bulls acrobats" They were these young kids doing crazy double dutch, and at one point they were actually jumping rope with an actual person as the ROPE! Craziest thing I have ever seen. (I was to amazed to stop and take a picture, sorry!)
And for all of you Dancing with the Stars fans out there. Mark Cuban was at the game. I believe he owns the Dallas Mavericks! I thought he was a HUGE dork on Dancing with the stars, but it was still cool to see the MILLIONAIRE up close. He really got into the game, he was jumping up and cheering the whole time!
It was a fun night, and I am glad we got to spend it together! Love you Jace!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy 5months b-day, Ellers!!
And I'm so happy for you to be able to get out and have a date, YAY :) It really sounded fun!

Carly said...

How fun! I still have never made it to an NBA game. Go figure.

Valerie Plowman said...

Holy cow! I can't believe that she is 5 months old already! Wow. She looks so much like Porter! So cute.

Sarah said...

How fun! I am so glad you guys were able to go out on a date before you leave. Hope you have so much fun in Utah and we HAVE to get the boys together in December. I know we always say that but I will call you once we get back.

Soup & Marci said...

Hey Mindi! It was SO good to hear from you, and you have such a cute little family. Your kids are adorable and I love their names! It sounds like you guys are doing good, and total props for getting out for a "date night". It is seriously hard after you have kids. Hope to hear from you again.
Marci