Friday, December 21, 2007
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
On to the cake........... that one didn't go as I thought it would. First of all let me say that Porter is just getting over a cold, so all he has wanted to eat the last week or so, is really bland food. He didn't want anything to do with his spaghetti dinner (witch I usually can't scoop into his mouth fast enough!) So when it came time to do the cake he freaked out as soon as we put the cake on his tray as you will see in these pictures. First is the picture of him freaking out (if Porter doesn't want something he will stick his hands straight out in font of whatever it is.) Second, we gave him a taste and that was okay. Third, he freaks out AGAIN. So at last while everyone else is enjoying cupcakes and ice cream, Porter enjoys some teddy grahams. SILLY BOY! But I do have to say he is feeling better and last night he did enjoy a cupcake after his dinner.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
December 2007You will have to stay tuned for some fun present and birthday cake pictures to come!
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? On Christmas, wrapping paper all the way.
2. REAL OR FAKE TREE? Both please.
3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving. I can't wait.
4. When do you take the tree down? Ideally, the day after Christmas.
5. Do you like eggnog? That stuff is NASTY, but if you do like it my Mom and Brother like to mix in some Sprite.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? American Girl doll (or was that my B-day.)
7. Do you have a nativity scene? I love my Willow tree nativity, we also have the Little People nativity that sings Away in a manger (love it too!)
8. Hardest person to buy for? My Mom, there is no way to suprise her!
9. Easiest person to buy for? Porter Jones.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever got? No such thing.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? I love getting cards in the mail
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas, Elf, and The Grinch(cartoon version)
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever, I buy the bulk of it the day after Thanksgiving.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas Wreaths, they are silly but my family loves them. They are just rice crispy treats with corn flakes, green food color, and red hots. YUMMY!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear, I think the colored ones are tacky.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Amy Grant's Breath of Heaven, and all the Christmas Hymns.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Where ever family is. This year we get to go home to Utah!!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? DUH, yes!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? STAR!!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? There are a few traditions we open on Christmas Eve (pajamas) but I say Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Driving on the snow covered roads.
23. What I love most about Christmas? Being with family, and all the yummy food.
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Saturday, December 1, 2007
You may not be able to tell by this picture what book is set up on my table. But I have to tell anyone who will listen about this book. It is called The Christmas Miracle of Johnathan Toomey It is by far one of my favorite Christmas Books (along with probably most of my family) It is a story about a gruff wood carver who was asked by a mother and her son to carve them a Nativity set. It makes my cry every time. I just love, love, love this story!! And so of course I have to show a picture of my AMAZING Nativity that I am so blessed to have. I just love Nativity sets and would love to collect as many as possible over the years. But this particular Nativity I thought I would not have for many years to come. But to my overwhelming happiness it is the first one I have ever owned.
Friday, November 30, 2007
Of course his silly little dollar stacking cups are a big time favorite. At the begining he wouldn't let us even start to stack before wanting to knock it over. But now it is so fun to see how patient he is for it to go up, and the anticipation in his eyes and the growl he makes as the tower goes up.
And then there is our little puppy dog. For Chirstmas this year we got an awesome deal on a really nice suit for Jason. And since he is going to be a Lawyer and all, we thought he should look the part. Anyway... while we were at the store and the tailor was measuring Jason, there was our little man reaching so hard for the lady's ruler. Well who can resist this adorable litte guy, so guess who got his ruler! The funny thing is he likes to put it in his mouth and crawl around making him look like a puppy. (This makes mom a little nervous at times.)
Saturday, November 24, 2007
(Okay, so I was worried that in this first picture Porter's eyes were closed, but if you click and inlarge it. I love the smile he has on his face.)
Of course his favorite thing to walk up to is the tree, and hey check out the hair, I cut a good inch off about 2 weeks ago and it is growing like weeds.
Friday, November 16, 2007
If anyone knows Jason they know he likes to make up really silly nick names. So Madelyn's dad calls her "Mad Mad" and Jason has turned that into "Mad Cow Disease" and Brandon in turn has given Porter the name "Porter Potty" but it's all in love.
P.S. Today is Porter's 11 month birthday, I can't believe he will be 1 year in just a month. It is amazing how time flies. It is bitter sweet, I love to see him grow and learn new things but I always wish he could stay small forever. He is such a blessing in our lives and these last 11 months have been the best ever. Love you Porter!
Friday, November 9, 2007
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Now that being said, he pretty much stands in his crib until he can't fight it any longer and falls into this sad little slump.
Bath Time Please!!!
Porter loves the bath! When ever he sees or hears the bathroom door open he B-lines it to the bathroom and stands right up to the tub, wanting to get in so bad.
This is one of Porter's favorite bath toys, it's a cloth like crab and he loves to suck all the water out of it.
Friday, November 2, 2007
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
6 things about me...
I. I am in love with little girls clothing and accessories. I don't have a little girl yet, but when I am in a store and I am done looking for Porter, I go and look at all the little girl stuff.
2. I am a horrible speller!
3. I dislike Halloween, I love all of my family traditions and seeing cute litte kids dressed up. Other than that I think the world has made it very evil. I hate anything scary!
4. I love avacados even though I think I might be allergic to them. After I eat them I get a really bad itch in the back of my throat. Watermelon does the same thing, but I love them both too much to stop eating them.
5. I really enjoy doing laundry, It is such a good feeling having empty laundry baskets. And for some silly reason I like doing Porter's laundry the most, I just love folding his itty-bitty clothing.
6. I love watching Jason and Porter play together, Jason is always making Porter laugh. I will try and do exactly what daddy does and never get the same reaction. I love the bond they have and the way Porter lights up when he plays with his dad.
Oh, and anyone reading this, TAG it's your turn!