Friday, December 21, 2007
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
On to the cake........... that one didn't go as I thought it would. First of all let me say that Porter is just getting over a cold, so all he has wanted to eat the last week or so, is really bland food. He didn't want anything to do with his spaghetti dinner (witch I usually can't scoop into his mouth fast enough!) So when it came time to do the cake he freaked out as soon as we put the cake on his tray as you will see in these pictures. First is the picture of him freaking out (if Porter doesn't want something he will stick his hands straight out in font of whatever it is.) Second, we gave him a taste and that was okay. Third, he freaks out AGAIN. So at last while everyone else is enjoying cupcakes and ice cream, Porter enjoys some teddy grahams. SILLY BOY! But I do have to say he is feeling better and last night he did enjoy a cupcake after his dinner.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
December 2007You will have to stay tuned for some fun present and birthday cake pictures to come!
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? On Christmas, wrapping paper all the way.
2. REAL OR FAKE TREE? Both please.
3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving. I can't wait.
4. When do you take the tree down? Ideally, the day after Christmas.
5. Do you like eggnog? That stuff is NASTY, but if you do like it my Mom and Brother like to mix in some Sprite.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? American Girl doll (or was that my B-day.)
7. Do you have a nativity scene? I love my Willow tree nativity, we also have the Little People nativity that sings Away in a manger (love it too!)
8. Hardest person to buy for? My Mom, there is no way to suprise her!
9. Easiest person to buy for? Porter Jones.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever got? No such thing.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? I love getting cards in the mail
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas, Elf, and The Grinch(cartoon version)
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever, I buy the bulk of it the day after Thanksgiving.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas Wreaths, they are silly but my family loves them. They are just rice crispy treats with corn flakes, green food color, and red hots. YUMMY!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear, I think the colored ones are tacky.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Amy Grant's Breath of Heaven, and all the Christmas Hymns.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Where ever family is. This year we get to go home to Utah!!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? DUH, yes!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? STAR!!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? There are a few traditions we open on Christmas Eve (pajamas) but I say Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Driving on the snow covered roads.
23. What I love most about Christmas? Being with family, and all the yummy food.
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Saturday, December 1, 2007
You may not be able to tell by this picture what book is set up on my table. But I have to tell anyone who will listen about this book. It is called The Christmas Miracle of Johnathan Toomey It is by far one of my favorite Christmas Books (along with probably most of my family) It is a story about a gruff wood carver who was asked by a mother and her son to carve them a Nativity set. It makes my cry every time. I just love, love, love this story!! And so of course I have to show a picture of my AMAZING Nativity that I am so blessed to have. I just love Nativity sets and would love to collect as many as possible over the years. But this particular Nativity I thought I would not have for many years to come. But to my overwhelming happiness it is the first one I have ever owned.