Monday, August 9, 2010

Poor Baby!

Poor STINKING CUTE FACE baby!
( She looks like such a big girl in this pic:( )
Ellery woke up this morning (much earlier than normal) complaining her leg hurt. I didn't think much about it, we hopped in my bed and watched some cartoons. She kept complaining and I kept putting it off until she finally told me she was hungry for breakfast. When I carried her in the kitchen and tried to set her down she would not put any weight on her right leg and cried and cried and cried. I called her pediatrician and they had us come in right away. They then sent us to get X-Rays and things came up normal. When we finally headed back to the pediatrician Ellery would cry if we held her the wrong way (pretty much couldn't touch her leg at ALL!) Even though nothing came up on X-Ray the doctor and the radiologist say it is very common in children to not have fractures show up until they actually start to heal. With Ellery not wanting to put any weight on her leg we know something is wrong for sure.
She will have this splint on for 4 days, we then can take it off and see if she limps, refuses to walk, etc.. If so.....we put it back on and get more X-Rays in 10 days. We still have no idea what happened. As far as we know we put Ellery to bed perfectly happy last night, and woke up to this. Our poor baby!!! She is not mobile and is so sad about it!
Oh ya, and to add to the sadness, we head to St. George for my brother's wedding on Wednesday. And if you have asked Ellery what she is going to do in St. George for the last 2 weeks, you would all get the answer "Swimmin!" Poor girl no swimming for her in the 108 degree weather :(

7 comments:

Erin said...

awwww poor thing! Well I hope her legs heals soon! But i love her pink slint! maybe she was jumping on the bed... and bumped her leg...

Chelsea said...

That is super weird! I hope you find out what it is soon! She looks really cute in the cast though. :)

Megan said...

I hope all is well when they take it off, that's crazy. She looks so cute. Fun updates and cute kids and pictures.

Kerri said...

oh dear!!! believe it or not, I had a college roommate who went to bed happy and well (like Ellery) then when she got out of bed in the morning...just got out like we all do...she fractured both feet. Wierd. At least she has a cool pink leg!

Jessica said...

That is crazy! Give her a kiss for me, poor baby.

Sarah said...

Poor thing!!!! That is so weird though. Hope that it is nothing serious and that everything heals up well.

Carly said...

Oh, no! I wonder if she sleepwalks????