Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The magic 50 cent garage sale find!

This little game has made a world of difference in our home. Some may call it bribing, I see it as teaching my kids to do the things that are good for them.
This game gets:
-Porter to eat his dinner (impossible task at times!)
-Ellery to mind her mom
-Both kids cleaning up their toys
-much, much more!!
My kids know that if they do these things that, after dinner when jammies are on. We get to sit down as a family and play this game. It makes us ALL so happy!

P.S. It has finally happened, this last month or so my kids have been the BEST of friends. Playing and wanting to do EVERYTHING together with no fighting or getting bugged by one another. LIFE IS GOOD!

3 comments:

Carly said...

Min...you are a champ at garage sale finds. I'm always amazed!

Megan said...

That's awesome. I will have to do something like that. I do that all the time with my kids. I also like that it's a family thing and not food. I love your idea. I copying you.

Mary, Brandon, & Madelyn said...

I love $0.50 garage sale finds. Mindi, the thrift stores miss you terribly! And the resales! Basically, Chicago is not the same without you.