Thursday, May 14, 2009

Suprise ADVENTURE!

A trip to the CITY!
(My own photog skills, thank you very much!)
Jason called me at about 10:08 this morning saying that his boss is out of town until Monday and he has nothing to do. He also said there is a train leaving our house at 10:30. Ya, under 20 minutes (once the phone call was over) to get Ellery up from her nap, get both kids ready to leave, (snacks, sippy's, jackets, etc.) get to the train station (good thing it is in our front yard) and wait in line with all the CUBS fans to get a ticket and be on the train. But I did it!!!! (BTW, since the train was full of CUBS fans, they turned our train into an express train heading straight to the city with no stops. Meaning I would arrive in Chicago much sooner than expected. That means Jason had to race from work to make it to the station to meet me. It scares the day lights out of me to think I would be headed to the station with no one there to meet me. And I know what you are all thinking, what a baby. You can call me that all you want. With 2 little ones and so many exits and not knowing the city AT ALL, I would be lost in .01 minutes!
Once we arrived we headed strait to lunch. Jason and I grabbed these massive slices of Pizza and got the kids some McDonalds. I know it's not deep dish, but it was so good. I actually have half of it left over for dinner YUM!
I love watching Ellery eat french fries, I give her them just to see this face. She has not failed me yet!
And what a lucky boy Porter is, he got to ride on some of his absolute favorite things in the world today! He was so good on the train, he had his own bench and was as happy as can be. Most of the time was spent with "CHUGGA CHUGGA, CHUGGA CHUGGA, CHOO CHOO!" And staring out the window!

And my personal favorite is the WATER TAXI! It is so nice to start the day walking around and heading to all your destinations, there were lots today! And by the end of the day we are so tired and it is so nice to hit the water taxi that drops you off right at the train station!



What a great day. Thanks Jason for getting out of work and enjoying the day with us! Can't wait to do it again!!

6 comments:

Weston and William's Blog said...

oh my gosh what fun!!! You will have to tell me more about the water taxi- we've never been on it, and it looks like fun!

Carly said...

So fun! Oh, and those pictures! I just want to squeeze little Porter and Ellery. Nice job on the top pic, btw...maybe some of Haylee's talent has rubbed off on the little sis?

Linds Forrest said...

What a fun spontaneous trip!! Looks like a blast. And that pizza looks delicious! :) Glad you had such a fun time!!

Linds Forrest said...

I would love to have lunch with you!!! :) I already put it in the summer plans!

Carli said...

Hey Loo!! Lucky you live in such a cool place. So much to see and do there. I am going to UT on the 9th of June. I'm not sure how long I will be there, we're playing it by ear. But it will be at least a month. So hopefully I will get to see you. The babies need to play. And yes I heard about Britney. I can't believe it. I hope she doesn't get too sick through her chemo. I will hopefully see you soon!! Love ya

Megan said...

WOW! I am impressed you got going so fast, good job. Looks like you guys had a great time. It's crazy with kiddos. They are so cute.