Friday, December 18, 2009

Look who turned 3!!

Porter had a birthday this week. I can't believe I have a three year old. These past three years have been the best three years of my life. My kids bring me so much joy!
We started the day off with having a few friends over for a playdate. Porter loves his friends and loves when they come to play at his house! (Here are just some of his buddies that came.)
Ellery favorite spot was the treat table!
For dinner we took Porter to his own little heaven. We went to a place called Choo-Choo Johnny's. They bring your food out on a train, the whole placed is covered in train stuff. Porter barely gave himself time to eat, he was having way too much fun!
Here he is chasing the modle train around the track. He spent most of his time here!
He didn't touch his cake, I have learned to accept the fact that Porter dosen't eat his birthday cake or ice cream. He would rather eat cookies! But the candles are sure fun!
Roll call with all of his new trains.
I wrapped up his favorite snacks: Nutri-Grain bars and drinkable yogurts!
After opening each gift he would shout "Yeah, I like this!" It was soo cute, but when he opened the food he would say it and then say, "Share with Ellery?" and went back to the trains, and his new track!
And last but certanialy not least. We are packing our bags!!!!

Jason has been accepted to the University of Utah to finish his final semester of Law school as a visiting student. We could not be more excited to be moving HOME!!! We will miss our friends here dearly and have loved every minute we have spent here in Chicago, but we are even more excited to go HOME to UTAH!!

15 comments:

Weston and William's Blog said...

What?! Congrats on the move, but we'll sure miss you!! Wow!!! I know what it would be like to finally be able to move back to NY, so I'm super happy for you :) Porter's birthday looked like so much fun!! We took Weston to Too Tutes for his 3rd Birthday- what fun resturants!!

Jessica said...

I cannot believe how old Porter looks in these pictures! He's like a KID now, not baby-ish at all anymore. That is sooooo cool about moving home, I didn't even know you could do that! That will be nice to have Jason there to make contacts for when he graduates to get a good job!! We're staying in Denver at least a year or 2 after graduation for that reason, here is where Dan has all his law contacts and job leads.

Jessica said...

Yay for Jason! When do you guys get to come home?

Liz Smith said...

happy birthday to porter! looks like he had a fun day.

and congrats to your hubby!!! I'm so excited for you guys. I dream of the day when i can move back close to home. we'll miss you!

Erin said...

so cute!!! looks like porter loved choo choo johnny's!!! im sooo sad your leaving! :( i will miss you soooooo much! but I'm happy that you will be with your family. and who knows maybe one day porter and ella will fall in love :) happy packing, and let me know if I can help. thanks for being such a great friend!!! i will really miss having you so close. But we'll definitely see each other soon!

Linds Forrest said...

What a fun birthday! He is so darling! I love how cute he is. And congrats on the UofU!! That is so awesome! When do you guys head back?!

Merry Christmas girl!! Hope you have a great holiday season!

Camron Amy Brycson said...

Looks like it was a fun birthday celebration! He really is such a cute little man. Yay for moving back to Utah. I had no idea that you could be a "visiting student." That's awesome. Congrats!

The Tenney's said...

Happy Birthday P man!!!! I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited to have you guys back here! when brian told me i was FREAKING out! yippee!!!!

Carly said...

Hooray! SO exciting! Maybe one of these days I will actually see you in person and our kidlets could meet! Fun!

Shannon said...

What the? I heard from a few different people you were moving, and poof, you guys were gone. How sad! But exciting for you! And just in time for Christmas. Good luck and take care. We will miss you! Will you keep posting here or was it for family far away? Just curious.

Ashley said...

Thanks for having us over! Addy really loves playing with your kids. We are going to miss you guys! It's crazy how fast things happened. I am a little jealous your in Utah! :) Keep us posted on what you are up to and hopefully we will see you soon!

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

Happy Birthday Porter! He is so handsome! I love the picture of the nativity scene with the cars. That looked totally like mine, only it was cinderella. So cute the things they do.

Unknown said...

Your kids are so cute and I can't believe how much everyone is growing up. Hey, I finally set up a blog for Scott and I. The address is http://scottandchelstallings.blogspot.com. Just FYI

Megan said...

They grow fast. He's so cute and sweet. Looks like you guys have been having fun. THanks for sharing the post on let them be little. I need to be reminded of that, just to be with them and not get annoyed. Blake always wants me to hold him. I have thought he's not going to want me for long. What a fun Birthday.

Sarah said...

Mindi we miss you guys so much! It seems like every day I tell Jake how weird it is that you guys are actually gone... it still doesn't feel real! I hope you guys are having fun and I am so happy that you are back in Utah but we really do miss you guys. Make sure you keep us updated on everything in you life:)