Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Funny thing is, I do believe it WAS his.....

Hanging around the house with a sick Ellery today when Porter found this.
He looked at me and said "Porter's?" stuck it in his mouth and ran into his bedroom to tuck himself in. I'm pretty sure it is his from back in the day. I don't remember buying Ellery any orange binky's. It must have been one we didn't catch and became Ellery's.He couldn't even talk with the silly thing, but was so HAPPY it was in his mouth. It has been over a year since he gave them up, but he still remembers how happy they make him. It actually made me a little sad that he went and tucked himself into bed. Because I can tell it is still hard for Porter to sooth himself to sleep and I catch him sucking on phantom binkys in his sleep all the time. (When it's Ellery's turn to give them up, she still has her favorite stuffed animals to comfort her to sleep.)
Best part is how he kept telling me "Sweet Dreams Monny, Sweet Dreams!"

4 comments:

Kolbi Young said...

Oh, sweet boy. It makes you a little sad, huh? Sad that he is growing up......

Ryker hated binki's from the very beginning. I tried four different brands, but to no avail. I still carry one around in the diaper bag, just in case. But when we try to put it in, he makes this grossed out face and spits it out. Funny kid! Oh how I wish he would take a binki some days!

Kerri said...

I KNOW how you are feeling since Addison just did this exact same thing, including tucking himself in!!!! I should have taken a picture! B/c I just had this two days ago, I DO know how sweet that is, and these pics make me melt!

Jami West said...

Porter is such a stinking cutie!! And you know that I know about the binkies :-)

Mary, Brandon, & Madelyn said...

Oh, we miss Porter and all of the Butterfields. It is not the same driving by Railway Plaza without our good friends. We hope you are having a blast in Utah!