Friday, December 17, 2010

1..2..3..

4!
My little man is 4 years old! I can not believe it! He is so big and grown up. Yesterday (on his birthday) Jason had the day off so we took the kids to Discovery Gateway. We had never been there before and had a BLAST! Porter was in heaven! The ball area was a huge hit. We played there probably 1/3 of the time, which says a lot since there are so many things to do there.
Porter's favorite part was putting the ball in the tubes that blow the balls up into the taller tubes. Look closely to see his hair flying up and his eyes barley open, the air was quite strong! Miss wasn't as big of a fan of that part.
But she sure loved the house, making dinner and doing the ironing!
Porter was just checking to see if Warehouse Mouse lived in this house. (He hates Imagination Movers, but loves Warehouse Mouse in between shows!)

We probably spent another 1/3 of the time at the Construction Site, I have about a million pictures here. Porter loved to play with the cranes, wear the vest and hat, build with big blocks, etc.

The helicopter was a blast Dad loved it too!
Later that night we took him to McDonalds with my family to have his favorite cheeseburger and fries. And to play in the playplace. Then my whole family came over for presents, cake and ice cream.
I love the look on cousin Easton's face in this picture. Porter got the movie How to Train your Dragon and we were able to find a Night Furry dragon (super hard to find!)
And of course the big anticipated Leapster! He was so excited to play and is currently cuddled up next to me playing his train game, he LOVES IT!
And his cousins also got him his staples in life!
Now Porter does not eat much, this we all know. But he also KNOWS that with a birthday comes birthday cake and ice cream. Porter does not eat cake and ice cream but INSISTED on having one. I tried to tell him that I would make him a BIG cookie cake and he would not have it. So we went to the store and he picked out a CHOCOLATE cake, CHOCOLATE frosting, and CHOCOLATE ice cream, I could not sway him any other way! So after all is said and done how could I not let him have what he KNOWS you get for birthday parties. So I made his cake, and so he could really enjoy a treat COOKIES too! (Porter is a cookie monster!)
Last but not least Porter shares his birthday with his cousin Addie! Addie is exactly 7 years older than Porter. In my family we share A LOT of birthdays.
This May when I am due to have my baby we have 4 other birthdays in the same WEEK! So that means 5 of my parents 10 grand babies all have birthdays within 6 days. Two of the grand kids were born on the same day 7 hours apart, we call them twin cousins! May is the magic month or should I say August is the MAGIC month! Happy birthday P we love you to the moon and back!

1 comment:

Jami West said...

I cannot believe he is 4!!! He's getting so big. This is such a cute post. I love all the pictures. Happy Birthday Porter!