Thursday, December 30, 2010

Pregnancy

Well folks, I suppose it's time to talk more about this pregnancy. It is going by SOOOOO SLOW!!! We all know the first pregnancy goes by super slow, but when you have two kids so close together (17 months, got preggers when Porter was only 8 months old) it seems like my first two pregnancies went by so fast. I feel like I am starting over. I have to go to baby center each week to keep up on what is happening inside my body. I count down to every Tuesday when I am one week closer to holding this yummy baby in my arms. I was making myself sick around 17-18 weeks waiting for any sign of movement in my belly. You get the point.

Well I am finally 21 weeks and went to my official ultrasound appointment yesterday to see my sweet baby BOY (yep, I was worried it changed.) And it NEVER gets old, I love ultrasounds. Seeing your itty bitty baby stick his tongue out, stretch out his LONG legs and arms, (the ultrasound tech said he had super long limbs) and at the end to see him get camera shy and turn his bum to us and face away saying I'm done! I am so smitten!


After the ultrasound I had a quick check up with the coolest OB around. BEST news ever for me (don't read if you don't want to hear prideful Mindi) I have not gained a single pound thus far in this pregnancy. I lost 3-4 lbs. in the beginning and have gained those back but that is it. NO extra poundage YAY! The doctor also measured me and in his words said "This boy is no wimp" already measuring big???!!! AAAAHHHHH....if we can remember back Ellery was a whopping 9.4lbs. At least this time around I am prepared for a big baby (my dumb Chicago Dr. told me he was thinking she would be 7lbs. even, YAH RIGHT!) Whatever way he comes out, no matter how big, or bald he may be, as long as he is healthy it's all that matters.

For any name questions that come my way. My lips are sealed. There is no definite name, however there is one that we love! Names have been ruined for us in the past especially with boy names. I simply don't want any ones opinion! Because once we name him, as long as Jason and I love it, you have no choice but to tell me "What a cute name!" or simply keep your mouth shut. Because once that is his name what kind of decent person would do or say anything but! (Off my soap box now.)

To sum up....I am super excited to squeeze and hold this new sweet, perfect, yummy baby of ours. It's all down hill from here!

6 comments:

Carly said...

Way to go! That's awesome. newborns are so stinking delicious. LOVE them. Mine is 2.5 months old now, and just as "yummy" as day one. Can't wait for pics!

Linds Forrest said...

This post made me smile. I agree about names. And even when it's not the official name whodopeople think they are with saying something negative. Idiots. Anyway congrats again, sounds like everything is going well!

Lindsey said...

Is Dr. Terry your OB? If so, we'll have to chat about how much I love that man. This post cracked me up. It's amazing how many people think your baby is their business. Gotta love it!

Liz Smith said...

lol...you are hilarious! i loved your soapbox rant. I'm always amazed when people give "opinions" on names. Personally, i like it when it's kept a secret. It makes it more exciting to find out! Glad to hear things are going well with your pregnancy!

Jami West said...

I'm so excited to see little man Butterfield :) I'm opposite on names. I announce it the second I decide so everyone knows that name is taken! LOL. I'm glad you're having a good pregnancy.

Ashley said...

I am excited for you guys! Every pregnancy went by so stinking slow for me. The anticipation for the baby, to see their cute face, and to finally hold them I think is what makes it drag on!:) I am excited to hear the name and see pics of your little man!