Saturday, January 3, 2009

mY CuTe kiDs

My growing girl....in one day we:
*Found her first tooth.
*Moved her into a big girl car seat.
*Set her crib on the lower level.
*Let her taste ice cream for the first time.
In my mind those are some pretty huge steps to happen in ONE day! She's not a little baby who eats and sleeps all day anymore. Oh but she is SO much FUN!
*DISCLAIMER* You are in for a real treat, rarely do I put my face up on this blog. And a scary picture it is. But this story is to cute not to remember.

Since Jason has been home the last two weeks straight, I have found myself being quite lazy. On a normal day you can count on me and the kids all being fed and bathed by 9:30. Well when Jason is home I am a little off my game, knowing there is someone there to pick up the slack. I guess Porter has picked up on this laziness. Because the other morning I was lounging around the house not showered and being lazy, when he comes up to me hands me a pillow, left the room and found me my favorite blanket, a toy to sleep with, and a binky and said "Night-Night mommy!" Not one of my prouder Mommy moments, but oh well! It was super cute.
*At least he had been bathed and ready for the day. That counts for something right?

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

TOO sweet and TOO funny! I love how observant our little ones are! (On the few occasions when I have had to throw up when Jack was around, he refused to leave my side. Instead, he stood right beside me to pat and rub my back while saying, "'sok Momma!".)
They are so darn smart, these kids! And can I tell you that you are not alone in your so-called "laziness"! It is SO nice to have had Britton around, I do believe I have been a "little" on the slack side too...but I just can't bring myself to feel sorry for it, lol!

Laci said...

Ellery is a doll! what a cute smiley baby! and porter just cracks me up! what a little sweetie! :o)

Sarah said...

That is such a cute story! I totally feel like I have days like that at least once or twice a week.

Linds Forrest said...

hee hee... that is funny about the bikini from Porter. You deserve lazy bones days!! And your little girl and her hair coming out of her headband, she is a cutie!!

mickiandryan said...

Every mom should get a lazy day now and then. Your kids are getting so big and they are so cute, I miss you guys!! Hope all is well your way.

Jessica said...

I have to agree, you kids are very cute! What a great story about Porter, so great he takes care of you.