Tuesday, June 9, 2009

$6.oo makes one happy BOY!!

Porter only has one thing on his mind, TRAINS!!!!! It is the ONLY toy he plays with these days. Last Friday and Saturday was the most amazing annual garage sale by our house. The whole neighborhood joins in. Friday I went with some friends and had seen this train table while we were looking at their 25 cent clothing. I didn't even think about getting it as it was marked at $25.oo. On Saturday we finished off the neighborhood (that's how big the sale is) and for some reason found myself back at this house. It was the last stop of the day, I had $5.oo left in my pocket when my friend convinced me to go and look at the table. So I went up to the man and asked how desperate he was to get rid of it. He told me he just marked it down to $20.oo. "How about five!" was the next thing out of my mouth. The best part about this was his wife looked over at him with the most disgusted face and mouthed "NO!"........"SOLD" the man looked at me and said I could have it. And to his luck I pulled out a $1 and a $5 (didn't know I had the 1.)

Check out the happy boy!


I told Porter to smile at me, but he was to busy! So I got this one instead!!!

In total I spent $15 at the garage sale and ended up walking away with tons of GREAT stuff!

7 comments:

Erin said...

such an amazing deal!!!! i cant believe it $6.00!!!!

Weston and William's Blog said...

I am still amazed at the price!!! It looks very similar to ours!!! We will have to have Porter (and you and Ellery!) over to play trains one of these mornings. You guys will love the table. We spent $80 on ours, and it was the best money we've spent on a toy! So for $6... that is just crazy!! Have fun Porter!

Sarah said...

You TOTALLY got the best deal out of the bunch! I am SO glad that you got that AWESOME train table for Porter! I love the pic of both him and Ellery playing with the trains.

Kerri said...

i hope that poor man's back doesn't hurt from sleeping on the couch that night!

Valerie Plowman said...

Nice job! It doesn't hurt to ask!

The Thueson's said...

Uh yeah, you got hooked up!!! Seriously.. what a deal! I need to start going to garage sales! :)

Shannon said...

Good job on asking for a better deal. I don't know if I would have the guts. I'm going to have to go shopping with you and learn your tricks!