Wednesday, November 11, 2009

YUM!

My favorite soup in the whole world is....CREAMY CHICKEN and WILD RICE SOUP!!!!
My sister gave me this recipe a while ago and this is my first time making it....SO GOOD! So here you go give it a try.
Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
you will need:
3 cooked chicken breasts
1 box Uncle Bens wild rice
2 carrots
1/2 onion
2 cans chicken broth
3/4 cup flour
2 cups milk
1 stick of butter
salt and pepper
olive oil
*Cook and shred your chicken. Finely chop your carrots and onion.
*In skillet saute your carrots and onion in a little olive oil.
*In separate pot bring to boil your chicken broth and 2 cups of water. Once it comes to a boil add your rice (not the seasoning pkg.) and your sauteed veggies. SIMMER ON LOW.
*In another pot melt your butter and add Uncle Bens seasoning pkg. Slowly add flour, salt, and pepper. Once your flour is combined slowly add your milk to mixture.
*Now add your white sauce to the broth and rice pot along with your shredded chicken and let cook and thicken up for another 1/2 hour and ENJOY!!!!!!

To bad this boy prefers to eat this all day every day!!! Cut in triangles NOT squares, and each piece of food, cup, etc. on a different number on the place mat. Such a silly boy!

7 comments:

Erin said...

mmmmm that sounds yummy! I will definitely give it a try!!!!

Kolbi Young said...

Yum! I've been trying a new soup recipe every week, because I love soup in the fall/winter. It looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing! Even if Porter didn't appreciate your efforts, I do :)

Camron Amy Brycson said...

MMMM, this soup is my ABSOULTE FAVORITE too. I haven't been able to find a really good recipe yet, so I'll have to give this one a try. Thanks for sharing!

Weston and William's Blog said...

Mmmm!! I'm going to try it next week!! And so funny- Weston will only eat his PBJ if it is cut into squares. We've had major crisis when someone else cuts them into triangles, lol. Kids are so particular!!

The Stanley's said...

So I never blog anymore, but was thinking about you guys and thought I'd say hi! Your kids are darling! I can't believe how big Ellery is- I love the pics of her with the baby. So sweet!

Sarah said...

Yummy!!! I will totally have to try it. I love recipes that don't call for 50 million ingredients:) It looks sooo good!

Stephanie said...

Ok, this soup looks delicious! I'm adding it to my recipes and I can't wait to try it :)
Also, I just wanted to let you know that I made those videos on my last post public, so everyone can see them now.