Monday, January 21, 2008

-7 FEELS LIKE -22

That's right, that was the temperature here in Naperville, IL yesterday!! Before we left for Utah it felt like any other cold winter. But when we returned last week everything had changed. They say January and February are the worst and HOLY COW has it been cold the last few days. Today's weather says it is 11 degrees feels like 0!! All I can say is it hurts. Literally you walk out side and any tiny bit of skin that is bare feels like it is on fire ya, i know that sounds stupid but it is the best way to describe how miserable it is. (So what if I sound like a baby, it's COLD!)

Now that that has been said, it is a sweat outfit stay in the house kind of day!





So I was looking around Porter's room today and can you say TOYS! When porter was around 9 months old I felt like all he had were silly little infant toys that he had grown out of......well now.....we have a whole different problem. With his birthday, Christmas, and my sister giving me toys her family has grown out of, his room is FULL of toys (some not even opened yet.) He has had a blast playing with all of his new toys. I am trying not to freak out about the fact that his room never looks clean to me because of the mass of toys lining the walls. But with a small apartment this is the best place for all of them to go.
He loves this dinosaur that my sister gave him!

See the unopened train in the back

For Porter's birthday we got him the Little People Barn, so for Christmas my mom decided to get him an entire village to go along with it! We are so excited and extremely grateful to everyone who has helped our toy pile grow. And with another child in the way, we won't have to buy much more!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I know what you mean!! It was -10 here last night and our high was 12 today. It's just hard to breathe outside. We had the missionaries over for dinner tonight, when they showed up on their bikes I just about died! And I complain!! Looks like Porter is well taken care of, will he play by himself for long with all that to keep him entertained? Sophie doesn't care about toys very much.

Linds Forrest said...

The luckiest little boy with all those toys and you as his Mom! I hope you are feeling well with this second pregnancy, do you have any names for your little girl?! And next time you come to Utah I will make sure Trish buys us those slurpees she owes us! :) I am so glad we are able to stay in touch now! Love ya Mindi!

Carli said...

Mindi, i'm so sad that I didn't get to see you over Christmas. I'm sorry! I hope you guys are doing great, and I love your little baby calendar thingy, awesome. Aren't you so excited, 1 of each, yay! We'll have to make it a priority to see eachother next time. Hope you had a good Christmas. Love you