Saturday, January 5, 2008

We are Having a BABY!!!

Okay, yes we already know it's a girl because I am 21 weeks along!! Jason and I thought it would be a fun surprise to tell our parents we are pregnant and the sex for Christmas, however that didn't happen to work out. I had an ultra sound in Chicago at 18 weeks and the baby was not cooperating so we had to give our parents the news that we are pregnant and NOT tell the sex. First thing I did was call my wonderful OB here in Utah (who I used to work for) and they told me to come on in, and that is how we were able to find out IT'S A GIRL!!! We are so excited, we can hardly stand it, it feels so good to know that we now have one of each. Jason says the pressure is off, he knew i would not settle until we had a little girl. Don't get me wrong I love having our little boy he is the best little man ever. But there is something about getting a little girl all dolled up with all the fun accessories BOWS and more BOWS there is no such thing as too big!

Now let's get to the crazy part. If I am 21 weeks and Porter just turned a year, and you do the math.....Yes, our children will be 17 months apart. We are going to have our hands full!! But I say BRING IT ON. I am so very excited to have my little babies!

9 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Holy Smokes Mindi!! Good for you! That is so exciting! I can't even believe it.. Braun and I are finally feeling ready for another one.. Anyway, I am jealous! How fun!

Linds Forrest said...

Congratulations Mindi! That is so wonderful!! You will be such a good Mom to your two little munchkins. Hope you had a good holiday. Love you girlie!

Jessica said...

Congrats! You'll love having a girl, I have nothing to compare it to... but I love my girl and it is SO fun to dress her up. I agree, no bow is too big! Dan doesn't agree with me about that but I know they are cute. :) Anyway, good luck!

Valerie Plowman said...

Congrats! So fun! There is definitely a special bond between a mom and her girl!

Tamara Jacobs said...

OH MY GOSH! I am smiling so big right now because I am sooo excited for you guys! That is so awesome. Porter and your little girl will be best buddies! You are so strong to keep it a secret that long...And little girls are soo fun! Good for you guys!!!

the murdocks said...

Congrats Mindi! Wow...way to go for feeling so brave! It seems like the second will be easier, only since we all learn so much from the first.......right? I have to keep telling myself that ;) Anyway, good luck, I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy!

Justin and Amy said...

Congratulations you guys! That is very exciting news. And a little baby girl. Mindi- you must be in heaven getting girly stuff:) Congrats again!
Love, Amy

The Stanley's said...

Congrats you guys! We are so happy for you- and trust me 17 months apart is really not as hard or crazy as I thought it would be! Good luck and keep us posted (By the way, we love your blog. Porter is so cute).
-The Stanley's