Thursday, June 5, 2008

Lincoln Park Zoo

My MONKEY boy! When Porter was a baby, only months old, he would make this little look on his face where his forhead would wrinkle up and his mouth made a big "O" and it looked like he was a little monkey! Ever since then I have been calling him "Monkey!"

It was so much fun watching the monkeys, they were so active. They were running around chasing eachother and sitting right infront of the glass. The big monkey laying on the ground was so cool. It is a huge "Silver Back" the picture does not do it's size justice!! I love the last picture of Porter pearing around trying to see the monkeys face. He loved every second of it!
The Zoo was the very last part of our day in Chicago. So needless to say we were all very tired and had walked all over all day long! So once we got to the zoo we didn't see much we saw lots of big "CATS" (lions, tigers, leapords, etc.) we saw Sea Lions, and Penguins. And then Porter zonked, so we decited it was time to go home. All in all the day was a lot of fun!

3 comments:

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

The zoo is so fun with little kids. I loved taking Brinklee to the zoo. Our zoo here doesn't have lions or hippos. I was quite disappointed!

Stephanie said...

Too fun! He looks so happy in that first picture...he sure is growing so fast. I am sure your parents are thrilled being there with you guys. Love ya!

Stephanie said...

Ps. I tagged you for an ABC tag if you want to do it (I can't remember if you've already done this one or not...).