Sunday, June 1, 2008

CHICAGO

Ellery's first trip into the city at exactly 3 weeks old! (These aren't great pictures, but they are on the train ride to town!)


Here's Jason and my dad on the water taxi. It was a cool little boat ride through the middle of down town. It took us right to the Magnificent Mile, which is so nice because last time I went down town Jason and I huffed it all the way from the train station to Michigan Ave. The $2 for the water taxi was totally worth it!! And they had a lot more at H&M than at my mall (maybe because it is 3 stories)!!!
After the Magnificent Mile (Michigan Ave.) We took a nice long walk through Lincoln Park with all the girls in their skimpy bikini's to get to this Pizza Place! Now....way before Jason and I knew we were headed to Chicago we saw this restaurant on Rachel Ray's Tasty Travels, on the Food Network and Jason thought it sounded SO yummy. They are known for their pizza pot pies, Jason and my parents could not stop talking all through lunch saying how yummy each bite was. As for me and the picky eater I am, it did nothing for me and my taste buds! But that's ok, it's the first food place I have been to that has been on Food Network, that I know of. (I love the Food Network!) Next we are hitting a Diners, Drive-In, and Dives food joint!!!
The next stop on the trip was the Lincoln Park Zoo, but that's a whole other post! So stay tuned for lots more pics. And Tuesday we are headed to Kirtland with my parents, to go and see Jason's parents! Wow, fun stuff to look forward to!

7 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

That Chicago city trip looks like such a blast! I didn't know you were really really picky!! Is it so nice having your parents visit?! I bet!! I am glad you are having such a fun time!! :)

Ereka said...

We miss you guys! We need to plan a trip out there.

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

Oh my goodness! That looks like so much fun. Part of me wishes I could live somewhere else for just a while so I could get a taste of the "outside world". As for little Ellery, that is amazing how big she is! Wow! She is adorable and I hope her eye gets better!

Stephanie said...

So FUN!! I'm so glad your parents are there with you - it looks like your outing was exciting! I'm so happy you guys get to go to Kirtland, YAY :D Take lots of pictures, or I guess I should say, POST lots of pictures, if you can! (Especially of beautiful Ellery :D)

zdiggity said...

I saw the same episode of tasty travels and I thought that place looked so yummy! I am way jealous. I also love Diners, Drive-ins and Dives so let me know what place you hit next!! I am a food network junkie!!! I hope you have tons of fun in Kirtland. Give my parents both a huge hug from me.

The Tenney's said...

HOw fun! I bet you are having so much fum with your parents there.

and you are NOT a bad friend! i didn't expect you to think of me at all while your parents are there!

mickiandryan said...

Sounds like you are having a good time!!! Tell Roger and Sue that we love them. Give the kids a hug and kiss for us.