Sunday, September 14, 2008

RAIN...RAIN....GO AWAY!

This is what our little "backyard" usually looks like!


Yesterday morning around 10:00, Pouring rain!
Again at 1:oo, notice the tree in the top picture and then in this one, and that is in just a few hours!
Just after I took the above picture, our friends gave us a call for help because their car got stuck in the middle of the road. They had purposely taken this route home knowing the easier route to their house was closed off for water in the road.
Look at the flooded curb!

And the rain continues all day today! This is all due to the hurricanes going on. If this is the aftermath for us, I can only imagine whats going on over there!!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I can't believe how much rain we have gotten and how flooded your yard is.

Linds Forrest said...

That is CRAZY!! Did you do a slip and slide in it all?! Hope you all are safe and out of harms way!!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow Minj. Are you worried that you moved to a 1st floor apartment? Be safe. See you in a few weeks.

Kolbi Young said...

I can't believe that! Makes you grateful that you are not closer to where the hurricanes have hit! And some people complain about Utah being too dry! I'm thankful for my "dry" state ;)

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

Oh my goodness! That is so scary! I hope the water goes down and things settle. Wow! Isn't it amazing how you can be so far away from it but still feel the after effects of it. Wow!