Thursday, September 4, 2008

Baby Leg instuctions

Warning: I had these instructions with pictures. I didn't really read the instructions, I just looked at the photos. So if this does not make sense, I am so sorry. If you would like the pictures, leave your email in my comments and I can email you the exact instructions that I used.

1. Supplies:-Socks (knee high are the best) Girls 2-4 size works for babies, 4-10 for toddlers. You could also use women's socks but remember that they will fit a bigger person and probably be really baggy on a baby, just try things out and see what you like best.
-Good cloth cutting scissors
-Straight pins
-Optional, cutting mat and rotary cutter
-Sewing machine or hands duh!
2. -Lay both socks together and as even as you can.
3. -Going down as far as you can before the heel, cut straight across. You are cutting off the entire foot portion of the sock. Make sure it is a straight cut.
4. -Now cut off the toe and heel of each sock at once to make 2 tubes. They will become your cuffs.
5. -Now even up the tubes still working with both socks together. By cutting both at the same time you are ensuring that both warmers will be identical in size.
6. -Now you will take one tube and fold it inside itself so that the right side is showing. If there is a pattern you want to show on the finished product make sure it is front and center when folded. Do this to both tubes.
7. -Both tubes are folded into cuffs.
8. - Take the main body of sock and turn it inside out, put cuff over the sock and match up the raw edge.
9.- Pin sock and cuff together.
10.-Sew your sock and cuff together. *If using a machine, I would recommend a stretch stitch.
11.-Repeat with other sock.
12. -Congrats! You are finished!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Thanks for this! I think I can do w/o the pics. But I will have to make some for my girls!!