Saturday, February 9, 2008

Did someone say girl!

So I have been really bored tonight, Jason is at a church meeting and I am sitting here watching Sixteen Candles and got the idea to take some pictures! All I can say is I am having so much fun getting ready to have this little girl. I can not believe how fast this pregnancy has gone. I am already 27 weeks CRAZY!!


A while back my friend Jessica had pictures of her daughter and her bows. I am a HUGE lover of little girls wearing headbands and bows (the bigger the better), so when I saw her post I thought it would be fun to post some of the bows my mom and I made.














I have never understood how when you walk into a clothing store and you walk over to the little boys side it is so small and the girls side is huge. You can pretty much guess that all of the cute boy stuff is picked over, which in turn means that every other little boy you see will have the same shirt, pants, etc. It has always been a pet peeve of mine. So I have to say that it is a lot of fun buying little girls clothing. This little girl is set, and I swear my little shopping fairy has been with me the whole way. I have found some incredible deals on little girls clothing. I think a lot has to do with the season change. These are her 2 drawers and then she also has stuff hanging up in the closet! Oh, and don't worry I had some help from my mom!


And last but not least....here is a picture of the belly. 27 WEEKS!!(Okay, this is so annoying, I cleaned my mirror this morning so I KNOW it is clean. So whats up with the picture making it look filthy!) I have to say that I have been really happy with this pregnancy and how much I have gained. I gained too much with Porter, but what makes it worse is the fact that I did NOTHING to work off the weight after he was born. But with this pregnancy I have been walking and trying to keep healthy and am quite proud of myself. I am not trying to boast whatsoever! All I have to say is before moving to Chicago Jason's family had family pictures and when we got them back I wanted to die! I honestly wanted to stop eating for the rest of my life, I was so upset with myself. I still hate looking at those pictures. So changing my lifestyle and only gaining 8 pounds so far makes me really happy. (They say for my pre-pregnancy weight I should only gain 15-20 pounds total, so not too shabby!) Enough about that stuff. All I can say is, I can not believe that there is another one on the way that I will love just as much as I love Porter, I love him so much and the thought of double the love for 2 children will be so AWESOME!!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Cute bows!! I love it, and they always look better on too because baby girls are so dang cute!
I can't believe how close you are, only 13 more weeks... that's great!
Good job on your baby weight, that's excellent. I think that makes the biggest difference. I was really lucky and didn't get a big appetite when I was pregnant, so I didn't put on much weight and didn't really have to try to take it off afterwards. It's totally the way to go, so much easier! (from what I hear anyway) :)

Linds Forrest said...

I absolutely love those pictures Mindi! That little girl is going to be so lucky to have such a creative woman like you! I remember trying to copy your handwriting when were little cause I loved it so much! :) AND your belly is SOOO CUTE!!

The Tenney's said...

You really do look GREAT! I love the belly so much....I want that belly so much! Are you going to have the baby there or here????

the murdocks said...

Congrats on having a girl!! I can't remember reading that...so sorry if it's late. You seem like such a girl mom...I am kind of scared of having a girl someday, I don't know why. Unknown I guess. Anyway, I can't believe you made those bows, they are sooo cute! I LOVE big bows!
p.s. I watched 16 candles last night too.....I love Jake Ryan!!

Tamara Jacobs said...

Okay those bows are so stinkin cute!!! She is going to be so cute in them! I should take bow making lessons from you:) Your belly looks so cute. Good job on being healthy with your pregnancy and stuff...you look so great!

Stephanie said...

You look so great with your little pregnant belly! And I really love your shirt too by the way. I am glad all is going well. I'm so impressed with you being all organized with the clothes and bows and such, but I can't really say that I'm surprised - you have always got it together! Good job!

Carli said...

You look so awesome Loo, i'm so proud of you for being such a healthy little mommy. It is so hard to lose weight after pregnancies and I think it just gets harder, but you look great so you have nothing to worry about.