Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sneaky, Sneaky, Sir!

My son has some kind of silly game that he has been playing the last week or so. He will go shut his door and play in his room for a while. (Nothing new there, he loves to shut his double doors and play in his room.) Well sooner or later he will open his door just a crack and sneak one toy at a time outside of his room and shut the door again. He will repeat this for quite a while, but if he catches you watching him it is over.

I have tried for days now to take a picture of this. But like I said if he catches you he is done and will just come out of his room. And well this time he didn't catch me spying on him!

This first picture is the start of the pile, remember this is one toy at a time.
Here we are about 10 minutes later. Now this is just a proud mom moment but if you look at the pile he has stacked his blocks "4" high. This is a new accomplishment. His friend Madelyn has some wooden blocks that he can stack up to 5-6 but his blocks are plastic and slippery and hard to stack very high (even for me) he has been stacking 3 forever and has just mastered the soft touch to get number 4!

11 comments:

Monson Family said...

okay, I ahve been lurking on your site, I knew Jason back in the day when his parents were Mission Presidents...it is so fun to see you guys as a cute family! But I have to post because that is hilarious! He is too stinking cute! And to do that one at a time! How funny! I LOVE it and the pictures document it perfectly! Good job on not being caught! :)
Lanae Monson (Stewart)

Jessica said...

That's too funny! I wonder what the object of the game is. Maybe he's waiting to see when you notice? How cute.

HayleeBean said...

I love it when kids are funny like that..... it makes you wonder what is going on in that little head. Too funny!

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY! I meant to call but spaced it! Sorry. Hope you have fun with your new sewing machine!

Linds Forrest said...

He is hillarious! He is soo smart too. I am so jealous of you and being a Mom, that is so great!

The Tenney's said...

I LOVE it! kiddos are soooo funny. that will be one for the books~

Michelle said...

OH Porter, You are so dang cute, I can't stand it!!! Way to get the shot, sneaky, sneaky, mindi:)

Tamara Jacobs said...

That is so stinkin cute! What a smart little boy.

Linds Forrest said...

HA HA!!! The baptism thing. At first I was like... COOL! Then I was like, wait... She's only been a member for 4 years? But I remember writing notes to each other about Brian Issac and Issac Joseph. Then I totally remembered... leap year! HA HA... you are truly funny!

Valerie Plowman said...

That is so funny! Good job catching it on camera!

Stephanie said...

This cracks me up! I love to just observe Jack as he is doing cute things, but I hate it when he catches me watching him and stops. :(

Anonymous said...

This Makes Me LAUGH! How cute. Looks like a fun game Porter.