Wednesday, May 14, 2008

So here's the scoop....

Our little girl is here ALREADY!
Last Thursday I went in for my regular doctors appointment, and at that appointment my blood pressure was a little high and there was some protein in my urine, but no real concern. Well then the next day (Friday) I was at my friend's baby shower and my right ankle swelled up really fast, and it felt like my whole leg was asleep. So I decided to call the doctor and just make sure that with the swelling, and the things they found at my appointment the day before, there wasn't a concern.
The doctor told me to go home and lay down for a half hour and if the swelling didn't go down, to go in and get my blood checked. Needless to say I ended up going in that night to get checked out. The nurse who checked me out was kinda vague. She told us she was going to call the doctor and see what he would like to do. She came back with the phone and handed it to me, the doctor said it looks like I was on the verge of toxemia. He said it would only get worse before it got better and that since I was already dilated, that we might as well have the baby. So that's what we did. Which I am SO GLAD we did. I CAN'T believe that she was 9.4 pounds. HOLY COW!!!!

Porter and his sister...
This is Porter's first encounter with his little sister. When he first got to the hospital he didn't want anything to do with me in that bed. It was so disheartening. I think he went through his own rough time that day. The night we went into the hospital we ran him over to our good friends' house. He woke up the next morning at 6:15am not knowing where he was and he didn't see us the entire day. Once we let him get down and wander around my room he warmed up. And this is what we got. He was quiet and just wanted to watch her, then Jason put her in his lap and he did not want to let go. It was so sweet.

Now that we are home he loves to hang out with his sister. Any time I have her up on the couch he likes to be up there with her. He usually just sits there and she will get the occasional pat. He pretty much just leaves her alone throughout the day. If she makes a noise he will go up and "gab" at her. And he loves to blow her kisses.

No bow is TOO big! But it is sad to say that her 0-3 clothes fit just right :(
It is rare to see this little girl with her eyes open. Here she is while her dad is burping her.
She is such a good baby. She has given us a good 5 hours in between feedings at night and we rarely hear her cry. It has been so fun to have her in our home. It's like she has always been here.

10 comments:

Jessica said...

She's so sweet, I'm glad everthing was okay. And that you didn't have to wait any longer, 9lb 4oz is plenty big! That is so cute that Porter talks to her and blows kisses, what a good big brother!!

LeAnn said...

She is adorable and I love all the bows, they are so cute.

Linds Forrest said...

Mindi that is crazy about the whole ankle swelling. Seriously that is nutso! I am so glad they caught it when they did and such. And holy toledo 9.4, what a big slice of heaven!! She is darling and it's so cute to see Porter just love her so. How are you doing?! I hope you are feeling as well as you can be. Congrats on your new little princess!

The Staples Fam said...

Wow. She is one big baby. I love it! She is so beautiful. And Porter looks like the best brother. Congrats (again)

Unknown said...

Mindi, she is beautiful! I know it has been awhile but I wanted to congratulate you and see how you were. Everything is great here. Scott and I are going on 4 years. Crazy huh. Tell Jason hello and we would love to see you guys sometime.

The Stanley's said...

The pictures are darling. I love the ones of her and Porter. How are you feeling? That's awesome she can go so long between feedings at night!

Jennie B. said...

She is so precious! Congratulations. Makes me soooo excited to have mine and hopefully she comes early!

Stephanie said...

Seriously, I am such a dork! I am sitting here reading your sweet post on the verge of tears. I really wish I could be there with you guys and I just love all the pictures you are posting. Porter is such a big boy now - has he been a big helper? (Jack is just barely carrying out requests...he can "take this to Momma/Daddy", but that's about it) Ellery is just too precious! Thanks for keeping us all updated through the blog!! :D

HayleeBean said...

I think her thighs are as big as Molly's. She's a chunk but a cute one anyway. Glad Porter is doing well with her. Congratulations! Hope you're doing well.

Anonymous said...

Um, I love the first picture. It shows her chins! I am really jealous of mom that she gets to be there. Love you!