Friday, May 2, 2008

$6.30

That's right I went GARAGE SALE-ING today! I got some amazing deals on 9 items for only $6.30, and I am not talking small things, I got some major deals!! I don't care what anyone says, you can find some great stuff at amazing prices at garage sales! There is something about the search and the satisfaction of finding a great deal on something that I need!
Now don't get me wrong, there are certain ways to go about these things. I say number one is go to "nice areas," that way you can almost assure yourself that they are going to have good things that are hardly used and well taken care of. Then you defiantly have to do drive-by's to make sure it is even worth getting out of the car. For me I look for children's toys, furniture, clothes, etc. I think it is for sure the best way to get larger toys for super cheep prices!!

So to get back to my reason for this post, this is what I got for $6.30!!
-Fisher Price, car garage ($2.50)
Porter is obsessed with cars right now, and has not stopped playing with this thing the entire day!!
-4 new cars (to play with the garage.) (30 cents)

-A new booster seat ($2.50)
I'm sure Porter will still need to have at least a booster when this little girl is ready to take over the high chair. Plus, our little friend Madelyn is always over during lunch time, and it will be so nice to get the kids fed at the same time.
- NOT one or two, but 3 Patio Chairs! (75 cents)
Jason and I have gone to look at patio chairs at Walmart a few times wanting to have something to sit on out on our patio, and every time we just can't seem to choke up the money for them, and always say "Maybe next time." So I was looking at one of the houses today and there were 3 patio chairs sitting there. One for Daddy bear, Mama bear, and one for Baby bear (don't worry, we don't actually call ourselves by cheesy bear names, but it was a goldilocks moment for sure). I asked the lady how much and she said 25 cents apiece. What 75 cents for all three, I was ecstatic!! Now they aren't the best looking but honestly who cares for 75 cents!!!!
-New Mad Libs book (25 cents)
Jason and I are always in the mood for a good mad lib!!

So all in all it was quite the day! I love finding things you need for such great deals! So if I like garage sales you can guarantee that I also love Goodwill. You bet, living on a poor student budget I have found some great things at Goodwill as well! (Hello.... Target sends all there clearance stuff there!)

8 comments:

Jessica said...

I haven't been to a garage sale since I was 10 and went with my mom. But you've convinced me I need to get out and try it again! Nice work!!

Bailey Family said...

Mindi! I have been wanting to write you back. Busy week so sorry! Your blog is so cute and i is so much fun learning more about what you are doing in your life. that is great that you are on to your 2nd child. A boy and now a girl. So lucky!:) when is your due date? I see it is coming very quickly. Congratulations. Do you have a name? Fill me in on some more things that are going on in your life I would love to hear!

Michelle said...

I am so jealous!!! I miss the thrill of an amazing find at goodwill. Enjoy your life as a starving student, Dave and I long for those days!!!

The Stanley's said...

Awesome finds! You really do know how to shop- I LOVE your bows too. I've been making some for Kaydee, but they aren't nearly as cute! Had I known about your mad bow making skills I would have had you teach me before we all moved away!:)

Linds Forrest said...

That is so awesome!! You have inspired me to go out and look. Congrats on those great buys!

The Tenney's said...

only you mindi, only you.

Stephanie said...

You are awesome! I am so impressed with your deal-finding skills. And that car shop looks so fun, great job!

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

I love garage sales! Rock on! If I lived in the same state as you, I'd definitely be there with you. I love a good deal.

Also, your bows are adorable! We are two of a kind. Garage sales, bow making... that is the life!!!