Saturday, July 5, 2008

And I'm PROUD to be an AMERICAN.......

Happy 4th ya'all! I love being patriotic, It's the one day of the year I "make" my husband dress up with the family! I even think he got a few compliments on matching with Porter yesterday.

We went to a parade in the morning, I insisted because I love parades and I thought Porter would love it too.
Lets just say he hated the fire engines!He did not like the fire engines at all (really just the sirens and horns), he was literally climbing on Jason, the poor thing. Every time he saw something "red" coming down the street he kinda freaked out. Other than that he really did enjoy the parade.
Ellery just hung out on the blanket in the shade.
Just laying around waiting for the fireworks to start!

(This picture doesn't have anything to do with the fireworks, I just love when Porter "talks" on the phone, he is so serious. We like to joke that he is making very IMPORTANT business calls!)
They weren't the greatest fireworks I have ever seen. My favorite part of fireworks is hearing the loud BOOMS and such. I would have liked to be up closer to hear them, but sometimes I have to remind myself that I have little children and it's okay to watch the fireworks from farther away.
(Even though you can't see the fireworks in this picture, I still thought it was sweet.)

7 comments:

James and Mary said...

your little family is so stinkin' cute! i LOVE ellery's headband. cute stuff!

Stephanie said...

Happy 4th to you guys too!! It looks like you guys had some fun times. Sorry I have been out of the blogging world loop for like 2 weeks now, but I'm getting caught up - I love the matching shirts :D And the last picture with Jason and Porter watching fireworks cheek to cheek is darling :D

Michelle said...

What an adorable little "american" family you have. I love the picture of Jas and Porter looking up at the fireworks. We miss you guys like crazy. I have to call you and have you tell me how you made your blog so stinkin cute? Is it a template you found or did you design it on your own? Anyway, its way cute and so is your fam:)

Valerie Plowman said...

That is so funny! I love the picture of him with the fire engines. Classic.

Linds Forrest said...

Happy 4th!! Those pictures are so cute. You make me want to cut my hair, yours looks great!! And that is hillarious about Porter and the fire engines.. so cute! Glad your day was so awesome!

The Tenney's said...

Looks like you had so much fun! I dressed Brian up too, he had to wear a blue shirt to fit in the with the rest of the fam!

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

How fun! I love the 4th of July. Parades, fireworks, fun! I am glad you had fun. Too bad Porter hated the sirens! Ellery is so cute! Wow! She is such a big girl!