Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Randomness!

I just figured Porter was past the stage to fall asleep eating, this week he proved me wrong. He fell asleep with sandwich in hand!
I have been waiting for Porter to get on the talking train for quite some time. I know he understands what we say. It's a little frustrating to see and hear other kids his age talking away. I am not worried about his development AT ALL. He jabbers all day long and does say some words, and he understand almost everything we say and ask him to do.
Most of his little friends who I see, and I'm talking about are little girls, who tend to advance a little faster than boys anyway. But I have still been waiting for it to kick in. My friend Mary said when Porter decides to talk it will be in sentences. This past week his communication has been growing tons. Before when we would try and teach him how to say something he wouldn't give us the time of day, it was almost like he was frustrated with us for trying to teach him. Now he will listen to us and will even attempt to say some things. But my friend Mary was kind of right! His new favorite thing to say is "Where is it?" not just a word, but a phrase! He holds his hands up (like I do when I ask him) and says "Where is it?" Don't get me wrong it is adorable when he says it, but his favorite time to say is it at night when he CHUCKS his binki out of his crib and we walk in and he says "Uh-Oh, where is it?"
Last but not least......
SMILE!!
What a good big brother who loves to lay on his sister! (Catch the sarcasm please!)

4 comments:

LeAnn said...

That is funny, my family tells me that the day my parents brought me home from the hospital my brother jumped on me while I was laying on my parents bed. So it must be a boy thing to lay on their sisters.

Stephanie said...

I always thought it was too cute that Jack crosses his ankles when he sits in his high chair...now I know it's not just Jack, but Porter too!! I love it when we find things they have in common and I can't wait to get these cousins together :D Ellery smiling is TOO cute!

Ereka said...

I miss your kids more than I miss you.. ha ha and I haven't even met Baby Cellery yet... he he.. Just kiddin. It really isn't the same going to mom and dads without you guys there.. It's kind of weird! Cute pics!

Angie and Dallas said...

Ha.. Mindi... I will remember that trip too!! But do you know what i also remember?! When we were driving home, and about to pass the point of the mountain, you said that you thought that sand bar hill looked like a lions face! Do you remember that?