Thursday, August 14, 2008

Animals Everywhere

The other night we set a bag of garbage out on our patio and FORGOT to take it to the dumpster. Huge mistake! In the middle of the night one of the many wild animals that roam around our apartments got into it. I'm surprised it wasn't a huge mess, just a big whole in the bag. Since we live in an apartment and don't have our own garbage can close by, it is kinda Jason's job to take out the garbage. (No, I am not saying this is his fault.) It's already hard enough to get my 2 kids outside by myself, with Porter wanting to run to the train every time we walk outside. So trying to juggle a garbage bag too, no thanks! Back to my story, so the garbage bag stayed on the patio the next day (Don't worry, I kept watching to make sure nothing was getting into it.) Jason gets home and goes to take it out and there is a SKUNK out there sniffing around. Finally the skunk leaves and Jason hurried out there and got rid of the garbage. Since it was dark we didn't see the little mess that was left behind, until the next morning when Porter goes to look out side to find a little chipmunk munching away on corn cob leftovers. Porter sat there watching the chipmunks every move.

I'm sorry but I don't remember being in Utah and seeing rabbits, chipmunks, and who knows what else running around everywhere I go. It's one thing I have had to get used to here in Illinois, but Porter loves to see the bunnies!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Mindi, it is okay to admit that it was Jason's fault:) I think our husbands like to "conveniently" forget to take the garbage out.

The Tenney's said...

HOw funny! i would have died. Kaitlyn has taken to calling anything with fur a dog, so to her you would've only had 2 dogs on your porch...thats not too bad to think about huh!

Carli said...

I think i would be totally freaked out. Jason would have learned his lesson if the skunk would have skunked him. PS, Ellery is looking so big and cute. Less and less like a newborn, and more and more chubby and precious. Porter and Gabey would have such a blast playing together, i'll see what I can do about getting to UT in October. It would be so fun to see you. love you