Sunday, August 3, 2008

Our trip to the....

So yesterday I thought it would be fun to go for a family drive and find a "Diners Drive-in's and Dives" called Paradise Pup. WHAT A TRIP! We drove ourselves into some SCARY PLACES, the pictures that are here on the blog are NOTHING compared to what we saw. Honestly when we were in the really scary parts I did not dare look out the window, let alone take any pictures! As we were driving around I started feeling super uncomfortable, and Jason said to me "Don't worry, the really dangerous places have little blue police lights/cameras at each intersection." No joke the next intersection we came to there was the BLUE LIGHT! The little scardy cat I am, I was not happy with our situation. Right then and there I decided there was NO WAY I was getting out of the car! It was a very eye opening experience to say the least.
This next picture is for my sister Haylee, she said one of the scariest places she's been is Cicero Ave. Well Haylee that is exactly where we were! I'm just glad it was 1:oo in the afternoon!
We didn't make it to our "Dive" but we were starving. So we ended up at one of our favorite places out here. Steak and Shake YUM-O!

My little dipper, he will dip anything and everything. Some of his favorites are guacamole, salsa, and of course ketchup!

8 comments:

Ereka said...

I'm jealous... I want to go to a "Dive" restaurant! I'm excited that you are coming to Disneyland with us!!! Wahoo!!!!

Michelle said...

While I was looking at your blog Hailey said, "Mom I want Porter to come visit." Ahhhhh! We miss you guys so much. I am dying to hold Ellery. Im glad you survived you trip to the hood:)

Valerie Plowman said...

That is scary. We were in Philly in April, and in some places I was scared!

Linds Forrest said...

1 - I am glad you are alive and SAFE 2 - The steak sandwhich looks delicious (only from your face of trying to fit the whole thing in! :) and 3 - I love love your blog!! Thanks for always updating (I don't know why I am thanking you, but ya)

Kristin Morris said...

First of all- I just have to say I love Ellery's arms! Her little rolls are so dang adorable! Second--Those pics of Landon are so cute. I can't believe how skinny he is! He is such a stud! I can't wait til he comes home!

Jessica said...

Yikes, I would have been scared too! Sophie's a dipper too, that's the only way we can get her to eat some times. I think her and Porter would get a long just fine.

Watt Family said...

Butterfield! Long time no see/talk. It's good to see you're doing well, family looks great. I found your blog through an old highschool friend of mine, Nate Plowman. Saywatt.blogspot.com is my blog. I'll tell Knight I found yours as well.

Later,
Rocky

Sarah said...

Mindi-

I have been totally wanting to go to Paradise Pup for the LONGEST time! I told Jake next time we head up to Wisconsin we have to stop by and eat there. We should get a huge group of us and all go one Saturday for lunch.