Thursday, August 7, 2008

A party and a proud mom!

My big boy went to his first birthday party yesterday! We went to McDonalds and played on the toys and had lunch. And see Porter does have some boy buddies!
Porter and birthday boy #1 (Xander)
Porter with Birthday boy #2 (Christopher)
And of course this is where he spent the majority of his time.
I loved Sarah's idea of getting Jackson ice cream so she could sit and enjoy talking. To bad my silly son dosen't care about ice cream or I would have had more time to talk with the girls!
Porter loved playing in the play place and haning out with other kids. And just to tell you how obsessed Porter is with Lightning McQueen, he was running around having fun in the play place and every so often he kept saying "nigh-nighing". I assumed he saw the red ballons and it reminded him of Lightning, he said it for probably the 6th time before I understood. A little boy had on a Lightning McQueen shirt. Porter can spot Lightning from a mile away. It happend the other day at the grocery store as well. We were walking down the soup isle and there he goes again "nigh-nighing" I didn't understand, it's not like we were in the toy isle and we weren't anywhere neer a fruit snack box. But sure enough it was on a small little Campbell's soup lable!
This is just a proud mom moment, feel free to ignore. I did not think this day would be coming for quite a while. With Ellery's chuncky cheeks she has been struggiling to hold up her head while laying on her tummy. She has not even come close until yesterday morning when I was getting her ready and layed her on her stomach for a moment and this is what happened!




Yeah Ellery! She has been doing it ever since yesterday morning! And I promise before yesterday she wouldn't really even attempt to lift her head up. (Don't you just love her onsie, ruffle bum!)

7 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

Both your kiddos are darling. Way to go Ellery on holding that cute chub face up!! WAHOO!

Ereka said...

Mindi I really want to meet her! She is so stinkin cute... I'm SO excited that you are coming to Dsineyland! Can't wait for October....

Linds Forrest said...

Um hi... next time you are here in Utah...me, you, and the never on sundae!!! I LOVE IT TOO!!! I seriously would consider being morbly obese if I could have that EVERY DAY. Seriously that would be fun! :) And the cookies are seriously so good. Did you know you can buy a cookie pan that they have to cook your cookie in so you can just add the ice cream?! I think they call it a 'schookie'.

Sarah said...

That headband is just so adorable! It was so much fun seeing you guys this week and we totally need to get together this next coming week.

Megan said...

Looks like fun. She is getting so big. Cute kids.

Carli said...

Poor Ellery. She never gets a bow break. I want a picture with her cute little baby head. Come on let's see it. I do love the ruffle onesie, and the chubby little legs coming out of it.

Michelle said...

i love that Porter loves lightning mcqueen, let him know that when he comes to Utah to visit he already has a best friend who shares the same obsession. Connor loves looking at Porter on your blog, and would be happy to share one of 500 lightning mcqueen cars with him:)