Saturday, August 23, 2008

Happy 100th post!

So, anyone who has been to the store with Porter lately knows that he likes to point out things that he knows the name of or sound it makes. His favorites are....Lightning, choo-choo, ball, ah-ah-ah (Monkey), and woof-woof. He also loves finding Little Einsteins but he doesn't make a noise all the time, usually he will just throw his hands up in the air. (Blast Off!, for those of you who have seen the show. Or if I don't acknowledge him right away he will start patting his legs and say pat, pat, pat! Again you would have to know the show.)
Well Porter doesn't only do this in the store but at home, while watching the TV. The other day Porter and I were just hanging out, so and I decided to turn on the Olympics. In between one of the evens there was a little documentary that I really wasn't paying much attention to until Porter started saying "ah-ah-ah" and I just automatically responded to him saying "Did you see a Monkey?" (If I don't acknowledge him, he will keep repeating himself until I do.) Well he kept saying it, so I looked at the TV to see what he was seeing. When I did, I immediately started laughing sooooo hard. This is a picture of Porter's Monkey...... There were cute little Elderly Chinese men and women. And he just kept on making monkey sounds. Too cute!

4 comments:

Laci said...

ok... that is hilarious

Sarah said...

That is so funny! Hey the Sonic is west Butterfield and and Kirk road. It is in the new Walmart parking lot. It was so crazy Saturday but so worth the wait. I bet it is not as busy during the week though. I only like going there during their Happy Hour for their half off drinks.

Burt Bunch said...

Hi Mindi, I am so glad you left your comment! I definitely remember you guys from Provo, it's fun to see how your family has grown, your kids are darling! That is so neat you're out in Law School, how are you liking Chicago?! Thank you so much for the info about Nebraska, we will have to keep an eye out for your friends. It will be fun to meet new people! Thanks again and hope you are doing great!

Linds Forrest said...

That is hillarious about the monkey thing (no I am not racist). And the thing about Porter not touching grass is so funny, especially that picture of him walking with his knees high. Cute kiddos!!